NBCC approved distance learning PACKAGE (15 hours): 3 Different Home Study Courses
15 NBCC Approved Contact Hours in Home Study Clinical Supervision Training
If you need 15 clock hours of clinical supervision training, use this option to order all 3 of our titles: Models & Techniques (6 contact hours), Legal & Ethical Aspects (6 contact hours) and Using Technology in Supervision (3 contact hours).
Recently (as of 07/01/16) the CCE changed their educational requirement for those seeking their Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) certificate. Trainings had been 30 hours and were increased to 45 contact hours in July, 2016. This left some who receive their 30 hour training with a gap of clinical supervision training. This home study package includes 3 distance learning courses for a total of 15 contact hours allowing one to fill that gap. This is also for anyone who needs 15 clock hours of supervision training to fulfill their state supervisory requirements, or just needs continuing education for their license.
- Models, Techniques and Functions in Clinical Supervision (6 NBCC Contact Hours)
- Legal and Ethical Aspects of Clinical Supervision (6 NBCC Contact Hours)
- Using LIve Supervision and Other Technology Issues in Clinical Supervision (3 NBCC Contact Hours)
Objectives for Models and Techniques
- Participants will be able to define clinical supervision and understanding the component parts that comprise the essence of good clinical supervision.
- Participants will understand differing techniques in clinical supervision such as group supervision, and individual supervisory techniques including self-report, audio and video taping and live supervision.
- Participants will be able to label and identify the component parts that comprise 5 models of clinical supervision, including the Integrated Developmental Model, Systems Model, Discrimination Model, the Blended Model of supervision, and Competency Based Model of Supervision.
- Participants will understand different roles and issues involved in the supervisory relationship such as trust, recovery status of counselor and supervisor, the role of power, and the working alliance, supervisee burnout, professional development and evaluation.
- Participants will have a basic understanding of online therapy and online supervision.
Objectives for Legal and Ethical Aspects
- This distance learning course focuses on the major elements of legal and ethical issues surrounding Clinical Supervisors in behavioral health settings.
- Included are legal parameters of the NBCC along with legal parameters for professional counselors licensure regulations from the Division of Consumer Affairs.
- In this workshop, participants will also learn about the different areas of legal and ethical concern for today’s clinical supervisors.
- Legal areas include duty to warn, direct and vicarious liability, informed consent, confidentiality, and the ADA.
- Ethical areas covered include workplace harassment, dual relationships, and clinical supervision ethical standards.
Objectives for Using Technology and Live Supervision
- Participants will be able to understand the major elements of the ever changing landscape that technology represents to the counseling profession
- Participants will be able to define the ethical parameters regarding technology as presented by the American Counseling Association.
- Participants will also learn about the different areas of technology and social media that supervisors should be talking about with their supervisees
- Participants will be able to craft their own social media policy that supervisors can use in their practice.
- Through the use of this social media policy and issues surrounding technology, participants will be able to engage in conversations to talk about defining the use of technologies with their supervisees.
How the Home study Package Works
NOTE: THESE DISTANCE LEARNING COURSES ARE AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE, IN ANY STATE, WHO IS ABLE TO RECEIVE DISTANCE LEARNING CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS. THESE COURSES ARE APPROVED BY THE NBCC. To purchase this option, click the REGISTRATION button and look for the option titled "Home study Package: 15 NBCC Approved Clock Hours". This is a secured, encrypted server to purchase the courses safely online. Fill out the registration information and pay for the courses. The courses will be emailed within 24 hours (or if you prefer it can be mailed to you via standard snail mail and will arrive within 1 week of purchase). Read the distance learning courses and answer the section questions of each individual course. Put the answers in the corresponding score sheet AND fill out the homestudy evaluation and return them BOTH (both are necessary to get credit). You need to get a score of 80% correct to pass (40 out of 50 correct for each 6 hour home study course, and 20 out of 25 correct for the 3 hour home study course). Once received and scored a certificate of completion for each home study course will be sent to you via email (as a pdf) or regular mail (depending on your stated preference), within 1 week of receipt.