NBCC approved distance learning course (3 hours): Using Live Supervision and Other Technology Issues in Clinical Supervision
This 6 hour homestudy course covers many different aspects of the ever increasing need for clinical supervisor's to be aware of the latest technologies, including social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and others. The course delves into the different issues supervisor's must be aware of when talking with supervisees who may encounter their clients on these social media platforms. A sample social media policy is provided. Discussion on employer's rights and limitations in terms of what employees are allowed to discuss about the workplace on social media portals and what employers should and should not do as it relates to developing a social media policy in the workplace. This course also discusses the use of live supervision in a community mental health setting, breaking down everything from the cost to the effects of adding such a component in the workplace. The homestudy course objectives are as follows:
Objectives for Using Technology and Live Supervision
- Participants will be able to understand the major elements of the ever changing landscape that technology represents to the counseling profession
- Participants will be able to define the ethical parameters regarding technology as presented by the American Counseling Association.
- Participants will also learn about the different areas of technology and social media that supervisors should be talking about with their supervisees
- Participants will be able to craft their own social media policy that supervisors can use in their practice.
- Through the use of this social media policy and issues surrounding technology, participants will be able to engage in conversations to talk about defining the use of technologies with their supervisees.
Table of Contents
- Introduction - page 04
- Effectiveness of Live Supervision Techniques- page 05
- Live Supervision Techniques - page 06
- ACA Code of Ethics (Supervision, Training and Teaching) - page 08
- Tailoring a Live Supervision Protocol in a Community Behavioral Healthcare Setting - page 15
- Group and Individual Supervision Techniques - page 35
- Benefits of Live Supervision in a Behavioral Healthcare Setting - page 16
- ACA Code of Ethics (Distance Counseling, Technology, and Social Media) - page 17
- Social Media Policy Building - page 20
- In Focus – Sample Social Media Policy - page 22
- Employer and Employee Rights Regarding Social Media - page 23
- National Labor Relations Section 7 & 8 - page 24
- Cultural Shifts Influencing Provision of Services - page 26
- Conclusions - page 26
- References - page 28
How the Homestudy Course Works
NOTE: THIS DISTANCE LEARNING COURSE IS AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE, IN ANY STATE, WHO IS ABLE TO RECEIVE DISTANCE LEARNING CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS. THIS COURSE IS APPROVED BY THE NBCC. To purchase the homestudy course, click the REGISTRATION button and look for the "Homestudy Course" titled "Using Live Supervision and Other Technology Issues in Clinical Supervision". This is a secured, encrypted server to purchase the course safely online. Fill out the registration information and pay for the course. The course will be emailed within 24 hours (or if you prefer it can be mailed to you via standard snail mail and will arrive within 1 week of purchase). Read the distance learning course and answer the section questions. Put the answers in the score sheet AND fill out the homestudy evaluation and return them BOTH (both are necessary to get credit). You need to get a score of 80% correct to pass. Once received and scored a certificate of completion will be sent to you via email (as a pdf) or regular mail (depending on your stated preference), within 1 week of receipt. If no preference is stated a pdf copy of your certificate will be emailed to you, which you can print out for your file.