Day 1, April 4, 2017 - The Role of Effective Clinical Supervision (NOTE: SINGLE DAY WORKSHOP SELECTION IS FOR RECERTIFICATION ONLY)
April 4, 2017. Supervision Workshop Day 1 - The Role of Effective Clinical Supervision
This 6 hour interactive workshop focuses on the major elements of being an effective clinical Supervisor. In this workshop, participants will learn about the different roles and pertinent issues in Clinical Supervisor. Participants will learn the different roles that encompass clinical supervision, and learn the structural differences (and similarities) between consultation and clinical supervision. Participants will discuss the working alliance necessary in clinical supervision, and also discuss the roles that conflict and trust play in the supervisory relationship. Other issues discussed include covering types of feedback given to staff members and coworkers, and how best to give feedback, and the role that the experiential level of the supervisee plays in the structure of clinical supervision. Teaching methods include lecture, experiential exercises and group participation/discussion.
- Defining the Roles that encompass Effective Clinical Supervision (60 Minutes)
- Program Development and Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement Issues (30 Minutes)
- Drafting a Clinical Supervision 'Vision Plan' for your own organization (30 Minutes)
- Passion and Counselor Burnout (45 Minutes)
- Working Alliance (45 Minutes)
- Role Induction and the Roles of Conflict and Trust (45 Minutes)
- The Role of Power and Supervisee Experiential Level (45 Minutes)
- The Art and Science of Giving Feedback and Providing Performance Evaluations (60 Minutes)
This workshop runs from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Registration starts at 8:30 a.m.
(NOTE: SINGLE DAY WORKSHOP SELECTION IS FOR NCC/ACS RECERTIFICATION ONLY)
Those who need 30 contact hour certification need to sign up for the 4 day workshop series.
Price on or before March 20, 2017 is $119.00 for this single day workshop.
Price from March 21 - April 2, 2017 is $130.00 for this single day workshop.